Fatty liver disease indicates extra fat deposits in the liver which is also known as hepatic steatosis in scientific terms. Heavy drinking is one of the major causes of fat build-up inside liver cells, makes it hard for the liver to work but you can get fatty liver disease even if you don’t drink alcohol at all or drink limited.
There are two types of fatty liver disease categories according to the Best homeopathic doctor in Chandigarh:
- ALCOHOLIC FATTY LIVER DISEASES
Alcoholic fatty liver can be prevented and usually gets better when you stop drinking alcohol. If the alcoholism continues, ALD can cause serious problems like:
- The enlarged liver doesn’t cause any symptoms but can show pain or discomfort in the upper right side of the belly.
- Alcoholic hepatitis is typical swelling in the liver that causes fever, nausea, vomiting, belly pain, and jaundice (yellow skin and eyes).
- Alcoholic Cirrhosis is a buildup of scar tissues in the liver causing the same symptoms as alcoholic hepatitis along with :
(1) Fluid buildup in large amount in the belly (ascites)
(2) High blood pressure in the liver (Portal Hypertension)
(3) Bleeding in the body
(4) Confusion and behavioral changes
(5) Enlarged spleen
(6) Liver failure (fatal)
According to the doctors in the Homeopathic clinic in Chandigarh alcohol-related fatty liver disease usually occurs first and can get worse, becoming alcoholic hepatitis over time turning into alcoholic cirrhosis.
- NON-ALCOHOLIC FATTY LIVER DISEASE (NAFLD)
There are two different types of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
Simple fatty liver: This means that there is fat in the liver, but inflammation in or any damage in the liver is not detected. It doesn’t get worse or cause any problem in the organ and most people with NAFLD simply have fatty liver.
Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH): This is much serious than simple fatty liver, which means inflammation in the liver. The inflammation and liver cell damage with NASH causes more serious problems such as fibrosis and cirrhosis, which are liver scarring and liver cancer, about 20% of people with NAFLD have Nash.
SYMPTOMS OF FATTY LIVER DISEASE
When ALD and NAFLD occur, there are usually no symptoms at all; some people may face tiredness or pain in the upper right side of the belly exactly where the liver is present.
If a person is suffering from NASH or has Cirrhosis, a Homeopathy doctor in Chandigarh may note symptoms in patients such as:
- Swollen belly
- Enlarged blood vessels under the skin
- Larger than normal breast size in men
- Red palms
- Skin and eyes that appear yellowish due to jaundice
CAUSES AND RISK FACTORS
Too much alcohol is responsible for ALD and in most cases of fatty liver diseases if:
- Are obese
- Chronic viral hepatitis, especially hepatitis C
- With genes like that
- African-American or Hispanic male
The reason for some people with NAFLD to have simple fatty liver and some people get NASH isn’t known yet but genes may be a reason. NAFLD or NASH is more likely to occur when the patient is:
- The body doesn’t respond to insulin as it should or in the case of type 2 diabetes
- High levels of triglycerides or bad cholesterol, or low level of good cholesterol
- Old age
- Suffering from PCOS
- Sleep apnea
- Overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- Underactive pituitary gland (hypothyroidism)
- Lost weight rapidly
- Exposed to certain toxins and chemicals
- Metabolic syndrome (mixed condition of type 2 diabetes and heart disease)
TREATMENT OF FATTY LIVER DISEASE
The alcoholic fatty liver disease needs alcohol restriction with some medication and the problem will gradually start reducing. Detox programs are also advised to manage withdrawal syndrome by the Homeopathic clinic in Chandigarh.
The liver plant is recommended in cirrhosis or liver failure and also helps life getting back on track again. However, the
Best homeopathic doctor in Chandigarh states that homeopathy is the best way of curing the disease without any side effects lingering in the body.
Alcoholic and non-alcoholic fatty liver diseases are possibly curable and need proper management of everything from medication and dietary habits to physical exercises as per the Homeopathy doctor in Chandigarh.